Every homeowner wants a beautiful lawn. Many lawn lovers are dedicated lawn lovers who will spare no effort to keep their lawn looking perfect. Not everyone has the right conditions to grow and maintain a beautiful lawn.
Artificial grass can be used indoors or outdoors. It is durable, practical, and beautiful. Artificial grass can now replicate the look of natural grass by using different types and colours of fibres. Artificial grass is a great option for your yard, terrace, or balcony.
This text will demonstrate:
- Artificial grass is a better choice than natural grass
- How easy is it to install?
- How to install artificial grass onto a balcony or terrace
- How to install artificial turf in a yard
- How is artificial grass maintained
Artificial grass is a better choice than natural grass.
A beautiful, safe and tidy green space.
Artificial grass’s long-lasting durability will ensure that its green colour remains vivid for a longer time. Artificial grass is strong, durable, resistant to the sun, wearable, and non-slippery. Artificial grass is dense and high-quality, which will create a pleasant environment at home and in your garden or cafe.
It doesn’t absorb moisture and is weather-proof (rain, snow). Artificial grass is recommended for outdoor cafes and restaurants.
There are no additional maintenance costs. Artificial lawn is simple to maintain and does not need to be mowed or watered. Artificial grass is great for sports courts and playgrounds. It saves money on electricity and water.
Designed for easy maintenance and decoration.
Artificial grass can be used for playgrounds, pools, and other areas. It is also great for balconies and terraces. You can create your green oasis by combining artificial pot plants with garden furniture and other gardening tools.
Your balcony or terrace can be transformed into a place to enjoy
You want to create a spring-like atmosphere on your balcony or terrace?
Artificial grass can be added to your balcony as an accent and you will enjoy the beauty and serenity of spring and summer in a fresh and refreshing environment.
Artificial lawn will enhance the elegance of any balcony, or even transform a small balcony into a favorite place to have a nice conversation and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
Artificial grass for cafes and restaurants
Artificial grass can cover the café or restaurant terraces and gardens. This will create the perfect environment for enjoying a sunny day.
A luxurious appearance
Giardino artificial turf will give your lawn a luxurious look. Because of its high density, 30mm pile height, and exceptional quality, Giardino synthetic turf is ideal for lawns, landscapes, pools, terraces, and balconies.
It offers walking comfort, natural grass appearance, and colour durability. It is designed to allow natural water drainage and resists all weather conditions.
For every space, a touch of nature
Prado artificial grass gives the impression of real grass.
Prado has a 17mm pile height and is an excellent choice for exterior and interior areas. Prado saves water and electricity, as well as reducing yard maintenance time. It is easy to maintain, making it a great choice for decorating balconies or terraces.
How easy is it to install artificial grass
Because it’s a small area, artificial grass is easy and can be cut in one piece.
It is more difficult to install artificial turf in your yard.
What time does it take to put it up on a balcony or terrace? How long in a garden?
Terrace or balcony (hard surfaces: concrete or ceramics): The base must have a slight drop to prevent water retention underneath the grass during rainy conditions or similar weather conditions. This will help to avoid unpleasant odours.
Artificial turf installation on hard surfaces (concrete and ceramics …)) can be completed in one day.
Yard All existing grass, roots, branches, and other obstacles must be removed. To make a hard and absorbent surface for the grass, dig up the earth between 7.5 and 20.5 cm. For rubble ramming, heavy construction machinery is required.
Installation takes 5 to 7 days.
How does artificial turf get installed?
Our guide will show you how to successfully install artificial turf on concrete, ceramics or natural surfaces.
Artificial grass can be installed on a balcony or terrace
This guide will show you how to install artificial turf on a concrete or ceramic surface.
Before you place fake grass on the floor determine its width and length.
2. Make sure to clean the area
Clean the concrete or ceramic surface well before installing artificial grass.
Set your artificial turf
It is easy to place the grass rolls on any surface. You should ensure that each roll has the same orientation.
Let your artificial turf rest for approximately 24-48 hours to prevent creasing. Let the turf settle for a while before cutting it with a sharp knife. You should carefully measure, cut, and place each roll.
There is no need to use levelling compound. The joints can be glued together using double-sided adhesive tape, or special textile tapes. PU adhesive is then applied to seal them.
You can fix artificial turf to a wooden surface like decking with glue, tape, or nails.
Are you looking to temporarily install artificial turf?
You can also lay your artificial turf, but make sure to secure it at the ends to keep wind from raising it. This problem can be solved by placing garden furniture or flower pots.
Artificial turf is installed in the yard
Artificial turf is becoming more popular in backyards. Here are some tips to help you get artificial grass in your backyard.
For a perfect lawn installation, we recommend you carefully read the instructions.
Gather the materials you need to install artificial turf.
Make sure you measure the area where the artificial grass will be laid. The artificial grass is only installed on beaten rubble, as per the instructions below.
These are the 10 steps you need to properly install artificial turf in your yard:
Take the lawn
All vegetation, roots, fertilizers, and large stones must be removed before the base can be flattened. All vegetation, roots, fertilizers, and large stones must be removed before starting the work. Before starting the work, make sure that all electrical and sprinkler installations are operational. These must be placed slightly below the artificial turf surface. To prevent weeds growing through artificial grass, the surface must be treated before it is set.
Preparation for artificial turf base
The stability of artificial turf depends on the proper setting of the base. The rubble should cover the entire area between 7.5 and 20.5cm. Typically, 30.52m 2 is used for artificial turf. If 7.5 cm to 10 cm of vegetation has been removed, then this amount of gravel will be used.
To straighten the base material, dampen the surface with water.
A minimum of 90% compactness is required. The surface should be smooth and free from creases once it dries.
After the base has been laid
The artificial turf must be 1.25 cm higher than the hard surface. You may find inclinations in the area, but it doesn’t have to be flat. Spray the base first with a pesticide. If the turf is to be fixed at its ends by nails, you can place treated wood or decking around the area.
Installation of artificial turf
It is important to stack the rolls correctly. Roll the artificial turf in the opposite direction.
If the rolls have creases, spread them out on a smooth surface. Spread the artificial turf on a flat surface and let it rest for between 24 and 48 hours.
- Cutting, fitting and securing artificial turf
- To properly install artificial grass, it must be spread first and allowed to acclimate. Then, the final fitting in of the artificial grass is done exactly to the contact material (wood or concrete, behaton ).
- Artificial turf must be cut before it can be fixed and glued. A scalpel is a good tool for cutting artificial turf. Although you can use scissors, we recommend using a scalpel.
- The artificial turf should be cut on the back to match the surface it will be laid.
- Repair the artificial turf ends
- Use high-quality tape and outdoor glue to attach your turf joints. Follow the product instructions. Apply the glue to the turf edges. You can do this with stones, pots or any other heavy material.
- Glue two rolls together using an all-weather adhesive to make the artificial turf look complete. Fix the
- Use 15x17cm soil nails to turf the edges Allow the turf to rest for 48 hrs before pounding them. This is to prevent shrinkage. Place stakes every 30cm and leave 3cm more material at the ends.
- Turn on the sprinklers after that and verify that the electrical installations and they are working.
- Filling artificial grass with sand & rubber
- To protect and maintain the structure, silicone sand filler material is used
- artificial turf. It is crucial to evenly distribute filling material.
- It is important not to place large amounts of material on the turf at one time. Don’t load filler material onto artificial turf if it is still moist.
- Filling material distribution
- Place the filling material (such as for sowing grass seed), on the spreader and adjust the dosing device.
- Medium to high. Always use the sand before any other material. Use an electric broom or hard industrial brush to vertically brush the synthetic grass between each layer. The grass should be 2cm high and its tips 1.25cm high. Spray the entire surface with a hose to let the material settle.
- Enjoy yourself!
- Relax and enjoy your artificial turf, which will look equally stunning in every season.