Turkey is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, with its beautiful landscapes, diverse cultural heritage and history, and good value for money. However, as a result of recent security changes and terrorist attacks, getting a visa to enter Turkey can be quite challenging. This article provides a complete overview of every step involved in applying for a Turkish visa online – from the necessary documents you’ll need to submit to the process for the application itself.
What is a Turkey Visa?
If you’re planning a trip to Turkey, you’ll want to get a visa. A Turkey visa is required by all foreigners who wish to enter the country. To get a Turkey visa, you’ll need to complete and submit an online application form. There are also some other requirements that must be met, such as having a valid passport and a return ticket. Once your application is approved, you can submit the completed form to the Turkish consulate or embassy nearest to your residence. If you are traveling on business, you will need to provide documentation that shows your company’s name and the type of business you’re doing in Turkey.
Turkey and Similar Countries
The landlocked country of Turkey is located in Western Asia and straddles the Anatolian and Mediterranean Worlds. It is bordered by Armenia to the north, Georgia, and Russia to the east, Syria, and Lebanon to the south, and Bulgaria and Greece to the west. The country is home to a variety of climates, from arid desert in the southeast to the subtropical Mediterranean in the northeast.
Turkey has a population of about 79 million people. Its official language is Turkish, but English is also widely spoken. The currency is the Turkish Lira (TRY). Turkey’s tourism industry is one of its main sources of income. As a result of its location on several important trade routes, Turkey has been home to many civilizations for centuries, including the Greeks, Assyrians, Romans, Byzantines, Seljuk’s Turks, Mamluks Egyptians, Venetians, and Georgians. Today’s tourists can visit ancient ruins such as Ephesus and Troy or enjoy world-renowned tourist destinations such as Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar and Göreme National Park.
– Original passport
– Birth certificate
– Residence permit or refugee card (if applicable)
– Letter of invitation or sponsorship from the Turkish embassy/consulate in your home country (needed if you are a foreigner)
– Bank statement indicating that at least TRY 5,000 has been deposited in a Turkish bank account within the past six months (needed if you are a foreigner)
– Photocopy of your visa application form (available online)
How to Apply for a Turkey Visa Online
If you’re looking to travel to Turkey this year, but don’t want to go through the hassle of applying for a visa in person, now is the time to do it. Turkish visas can be applied for online, and are generally not difficult to get. Here’s everything you need to know about applying for a Turkish visa online.
How to Apply for a Turkish Visa Application Online:
- Start by creating an account with the Turkish embassy or consulate of your choice. This will allow you to easily track your Turkey visa application and make changes as needed.
- Once your account is set up, visit the website of the Turkish embassy or consulate of your choice and click on the ‘Visa Services’ link.
- On the next page, under ‘Turkey Visas Available’, you’ll see a list of different types of visas available to residents of select countries. Scroll down until you find the ‘Tourist Visa (LIVE) – Turkey’ option and click on it.
- On the next screen, enter all of the necessary information about yourself including your name, nationality, date of birth, and passport number. You will also be asked to provide documentation that proves you have enough
If you’re thinking about visiting Turkey, the best way to do it is to get a visa in advance. This guide will show you how to do it online.