Have you just bought a new Netgear router? Planning to strengthen your current WiFi network? If yes, you are on the right path. You need to perform the Netgear router setup to get the best internet connectivity throughout your house.
Here are two methods to do the Netgear Nighthawk setup for the router. Make sure you read about both methods to choose the one easiest for you. Let’s read further to get you through router installation methods.
Get the router out of the box and assemble its antennas (if any). Make sure there are no physical damages or issues with the router.
You should place the router in the central location of your house. Make sure you remove objects hampering the flow of the WiFi network through your home.
Connect to Modem
Before accessing the Netgear dashboard, you should connect your router to the internet. For that purpose, you should connect the router to the modem. You can do that by using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
Turn on PC
Start with starting your PC. Connect your PC to a switchboard and press the power button. Ensure that the PC gets consistent power.
Open Web Browser
Access a web browser on your computer once it is ready. However, it must have the latest version. Furthermore, the chosen web browser should be compatible with the operating system of your computer.
Enter Official Web Address
Enter the official Netgear router web address in the web browser’s address bar that you have chosen to set up your router. However, there should be no typing error or mistake. You should also keep grammatical errors in check.
Do Router Login
After entering the Netgear router’s official web address, press the Enter key. You get access to the router login page. Keep your login details at your disposal. Enter the username and password and click the login button.
Follow On-Screen Directions
After logging in, you get access to the Netgear router dashboard. Get through the on-screen instructions and make the required changes. Accept and apply the changes to proceed.
After clicking Apply, the Netgear router setup process is complete using the web interface method.
Nighthawk App Method
- Begin with downloading the official Nighthawk app.
- For this, access your smartphone.
- Download the latest version of the app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Install the app that you just downloaded.
- Turning to the Netgear router, it should be turned on.
- Furthermore, the router must get consistent power supply along with an internet connection.
- For an internet connection, connect the router to the modem.
- Use an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection to connect both the devices.
- Place the router in the central location of your house.
- Make sure nothing is hampering the free flow of WiFi signals from your router.
- Open the Nighthawk app on your mobile.
- A login page appears before your eyes.
- That is where you need to enter your login details.
- For first time users, default login credentials will do the job.
- Tap Log In to access the Netgear router dashboard.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Get through each setting and tap Apply to complete the process.
- That’s it! The Netgear router setup process is complete.
Note: In case you are looking for a Nighthawk app for PC, there is no app available for a computer or laptop.
As you can see, performing the Netgear router setup is fairly easy. You just need the right information to perform the installation. Once you have that, you can do the setup process and enjoy the strong and seamless internet connection throughout your house.