ProtonMail is a famous email service that provides end-to-end email encryption for shielding email and user data before transferring to the Proton Mail servers. This webmail service is accessible on the Tor network, iOS, and Android applications. Protonmail was founded in 2013 since then it has grown rapidly and now has more than 50 million users.
However, just like other webmail services, users of Proton also encounter issues every now and then and a common one is ProtonMail not receiving emails and more. Reasons could be many such as server issues, internet connection problems and so on. If you are facing a problem and unable to perform the basic task of sending and receiving emails, we have come up with a complete guide that focuses light on general issues along with easy fixes.
What Triggers the Problems in Proton Emails?
The problem might be occurring due to server-related issues or any human error that triggered the issue, it completely depends on the nature of the issue if the problem is linked with Protonmail login, server and internet connection or SMTP settings can be the culprit.
Quick Solutions Protonmail Issues
Here we have described the issues along with solutions, you can pick the one you are facing and follow the effective solutions.
1. ProtonMail – The app is not loading properly
- There are a few circumstances that may root the cause of the Protonmail not working on mobile. Look at the underneath section to get rid of the issue.
- The proton Mail encrypted email app server might be down and thus it is not loading properly check the status by visiting the official website or any third-party service that will show the outage status of the app
- Also, check your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection if it is working properly or not.
2. Email Notifications are not Working Properly
Another common issue that users encounter is ProtonMail notifications not working the way they should. But this can be fix using the below-given steps;
- First, go to your Apps and select the ProtonMail – Encrypted Email and choose Notifications.
- Next, check the status of notifications whether it is enable or not. If it is not enable, enable it instantly.
- Moreover, you need to check your sound feature if it gets muted accidentally or not.
See also – How do I log into my Protonmail Account?
3. Unable to Receive Emails on Proton Emails
This one is one of the common yet troubling issues for protonmail users and needs to be fixed immediately as it can be hazardous for you and your business. Hence, take a look at the solutions.
4. Open Proton in the Different Web Browsers
If you are unable to receive emails on ProtonMail, try to open your email account on a substitute browser. Every so often, an incompatible web browser could trigger problems for your ProtonMail account.
5. Restart ProtonMail
To fix the issue from the core restarting is the best way if you are not getting emails on your Protonmail, try to restart it, whether you are using the application or using a web browser. Log out from the account and shut the browser if possible try to shut your machine for better outcomes.
6. ProtonMail Reinstallation
Whether you are an android or iOS phone user, if you aren’t getting emails on your ProtonMail account, try reinstalling the application to fix this issue.
7. Disable or Configure Your Firewall
Many times, your antivirus or firewall program may be the reason for the email issue in Proton email. So, try to remove the antivirus utilities from the system and check if the issue is fix or not.
These above-mention problems and solutions are a few of them, if you are want to read more about protonmail.com login issues and functioning Emailsdesk.com would be the perfect place for you.