Verizon migrated all customers to AOL Email in 2017.
You can still access your verizon.net email if you switched to Yahoo Mail or Verizon AOL Email before this.
This article covers Verizon SMTP, IMAP, and POP settings. I’ll teach you how to set up Verizon IMAP settings in Gmail and Outlook.
Verizon IMAP and POP Settings
SMTP settings enable you to send emails, whereas POP or IMAP settings let you access receiving emails.
Let’s configure Gmail and Outlook.
Setting Up Verizon POP Settings in Gmail
Gmail only supports Verizon POP, not IMAP. Your downloaded emails won’t be synchronized back to the server.
- Launch Gmail and Verizon email login. Click Settings, then Accounts and Import.
- Click Add mail account under Check mail from another account.
- Next, enter your Verizon email address.
- Click Import emails from another account (POP3) and Next.
- Choose port 995 for incoming mail and enter pop.verizon.net (for Verizon AOL) or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (for Verizon Yahoo).
- Click Add Account.
You can now receive Verizon Email in Gmail.
Verizon IMAP/POP Outlook Settings
- Open Outlook and click File > Info > Add Account.
- Check the Setup my account manually, then click Connect.
- After connecting Verizon Email to Outlook, pick IMAP or POP and add IMAP/POP Verizon email settings.
- For IMAP, the port number is 993, SSL encryption is required, and the server name is imap.aol.com (for Verizon AOL) and incoming.yahoo.verizon.net (for Verizon Yahoo).
- For POP, use port 995, SSL encryption, and pop.verizon.net (for Verizon AOL) or incoming.yahoo.verizon.net as the server name (for Verizon Yahoo).
- Your Verizon Email account should now work with Outlook.
You can configure SMTP and IMAP/POP in other email clients (e.g., Mozilla Thunderbird) on your web browser. Adding these settings is possible on both iOS (iPhone) and Android (Samsung S21) devices.
Various webmail clients have different configuration steps.
For more information visit here – https://emailsdesk.com/verizon-email-settings/
If you’re interested in reading more about such troubleshooting topics Emailsdesk.com Is the place where you should land and go through the diverse range of topics.
Also Recommended – https://www.vapetehran1.com/2022/05/09/fix-protonmail-email-login-problems/